My daughter hasn’t gotten sick very often in her 19 months; in fact today is her second running nose. She has a fever and I know she is feeling a little slow today.
The first thing I did this morning when I realized that she wasn’t feeling well and that her sinuses were clogged was to turn our diffuser on with Breathe. This is a blend of laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lemon, and ravensara.
- Laurel leaf helps with viral infections, bronchitis and asthma and for my little girl it is helping to open passageways so she can breathe more easily.
- Peppermint is a very soothing oil. It has a cooling effect and it is going to help dilate her system. As an added bounce peppermint is also an anti-inflammatory.
- Eucalyptus is a powerful antiviral for the respiratory system. It can also help reduce inflammation in the nasal mucous membrane.
- Melaleuca is antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral! It is great for sore throats, coughs, inflammation and helps to boost the immune system.
- Lemon helps promote health, healing, physical energy and purification. Lemon also helps to break down mucous in our bodies, perfect when we are stuffed up!
- Ravensara is antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-infectious. It helps to dilate and strengthen the respiratory system.
After starting the diffuser I put lemon and melaleuca on the bottoms of her feet. I added 1 drop of lemon in my hands, rubbed them together and then applied to her feet, any left over I added to the bottoms of my own feet. I did the same thing with the melaleuca. Kids don’t need a lot of oils, neither do adults for that matter.
Later on this morning I added one drop of Breathe to 1 teaspoon carrier oil (I used fractionated coconut oil) and rubbed it all over her chest. I did the same with On Guard on her back. On Guard is an amazing blend that I wouldn’t go without. It is one that I always remember to order before I run out because it is so amazing. I give On Guard all the credit for my family rarely getting sick. On Guard is a blend of wild orange, clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
- Wild orange is very affective against cold and flus. It is antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic, (it is also great for anxiety and depression)
- Clove bud is an immune stimulant, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, antiviral and a strong antiseptic.
- Cinnamon bark has a very specific purposes in this blend. Its job is to purify, help to oxygenate our cells and to enhance the action and activity of the other oils. Cinnamon bark is also antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral and an immune stimulant.
For Lucy’s nap I brought the diffuser into her room adding some more Breathe to it. I added 2 pillows under her crib mattress to lift her head up a bit and told her to sleep well and that I love her. While my child is sleeping I am making her some homemade chicken soup because what is better then being slathered in essential oil and chicken soup when you are sick?
Folks I want to remind you all that I am not a doctor and that I am not giving medical advise. I am not diagnosing or proscribing. Always contact a qualified health care professional when you are suffering from any disease, illness or injury.